Thursday, November 4, 2010

Common Fly Casting Mistakes

I was invited down to Virginia Beach last week to help the avid salt anglers  of the Virginia Beach Saltwater  Fly Angers on their casting. It was much fun and also very good to get out again on a cool crisp night for some casting on a lighted football field. Two common occurrences with a lot of good casters which this club has plenty were the overpowering of the rod and keeping the rod tip on a straight line path. Two important casting components when casting in salt water situations that can cost you much distance and accuracy. The anglers picked up my observations quickly and much improvement was had by all and they were delighted and very complementary. I wanted all of them to know how humbling of an experience it was for me to be doing what I love, in teaching and being with a great bunch of folks. I look  forward in getting down for a meeting to watch some of the finest fly tiers on the east coast and see with my own eyes the flytying ninja in action. Tight Loops! Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment